Packing for your Summer getaway without ending up with a suitcase that weighs a ton can be difficult, especially if you are determined to wear as many of those gorgeous Summer outfits you picked up in the sales as possible. How to Pack rules usually conclude with taking with one key outfit a day which can easily be taken from day to night and loading up on different accessories to keep the looks fresh. But even if you plan your outfits to a tee and are the master of rolling clothes to improve space, inevitably all of those extra accessories you try to pack in at the end are what weighs you down when you get to the check in desk. So how do you ensure that you always have the perfect jewellery to highlight your outfit and all of the accessories you need to create the ultimate effortless beach style without having to pack the entire contents of your jewellery cabinet every time you jet off? Well for your packing pleasure we have devised a handy guide for you jet setters to refer to, which lays out the only three key pieces you will need depending on the type of holiday you are embarking on. Welcome to your new and easy packing agenda … Going on a… BEACH HOLIDAY? You will need:
- A set of Perspex bangles - sand and salt are two words which don’t go well with expensive jewellery. If you are jetting off for a relaxing break and planning to spend your days going from sun lounger to sea back to sun lounger again then don’t risk any jewellery that can a. get eroded by the harmful salts and b. give you dodgy tan lines. All you need to jazz up your bikini and kaftan are some easy to pull on and pull off bangles in a non-sticky, non-eroding material such as a colourful Perspex.
- One statement necklace in a bright colour – So after a hard day of sunbathing, you are ready to put something a little more dressy on and show off that gorgeous tan. Well nothing shows off a tan better than a bright colour and one statement piece is all you need to make a simple outfit, evening ready.
- A protective headscarf – Your hair needs a lot of protection in the sun and too many products will only weight your suitcase down more so instead take one easy to wear silk scarf to cover up with while at the beach and your locks will still look luscious come evening.
- A chic hairband – nothing says city break like a touch of Blair Waldorf class and we all know that long days of sightseeing call for a manageable and low maintenance hairstyle. Pack an easy to wear, yet totally chic hairband in a colour which will go with all of your outfits and you have already updated your comfort first style.
- Layering Necklaces – On a city break you may often find you are out all day and night and your outfit therefore has to carry you through. Take a few key pendants which look good both separately and together and layer them up throughout the day to take your day look to evening with ease.
- A set of bright stacking bracelets – One set of stacking bracelets won’t take up too much room in your case but will give you plenty of options for style. Depending on your outfit that day pile on either a couple of chic bangles for sophistication or a stack of bright colours for boho fun.
- Comfortable rope or fabric bracelets – you want to add a little something to your outfit but know that it needs to be something you can get wet/ dirty and not worry about losing so a few festival favourites like rope friendship bracelets or fabric tie bangles are perfect.
- A fun hairtie – the chances are your hair will be tied up most days and you won’t be worrying about style but that doesn’t mean you can’t inject a bit of colour and fun. Take a few bright coloured hair ties or ones with fun attachments such as flowers or bows and you will still feel feminine amongst the adventure.
- A surfer chick anklet – so necklaces just get in the way and bracelets need to be waterproof but the adventure girls must have is the anklet. Easy to wear, doesn’t get in the way and still ensures a bit of jewellery sparkle.